Prev: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST] Next: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:23:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

Phillip spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> At 03:55 PM 10/21/98 -0500, Thomas Barclay wrote:
> >Phillip spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> >
> >25 points means I can hold one size 3 APC in a cargo point. How many
> >troops awake can I accomodate with a CP? (assuming I need to travel
> >with them). How many in cold sleep? (I assume this is how Marine
> >assault ships would ship 90% of their contingent). Got any quotations

> >from the rules or suggestions to answer these?
>
>	From the More Thrust Book:   a marine takes up 4 CC for his
bunk, life
> support, etc.  A marine in cold sleep takes up 1 CC but it costs money
> whereas the human cargo is part of the hull cost to include his 4 CCs
of mass.
>	This is where he lives.  To ride down he just takes 1 CC of
either the
> lander or the vehicle inside the lander.  My thumb rule would be that
all
> vehicles of sixe 4 or less require at least one mass devoted to its
crew
> (25 CC /4 = 6 crew members) and any vehicle of a larger size takes 1
mass
> worth of crew per size/4 rounded up.

What you've proposed isn't quite sensible... I think. The assumption
would be that if it takes 4 CC to accomodate a marine in an awake
state in transit, it probably only should take 1 or 2 in a lander (he
won't need a bunk, or so much LS). If he rides in SG2/DS2 vehicles,
he would only take 1. I would assume an SG2 vehicle (and probably a
lander) has enough LS to get him to the surface (or back) for that 1
CP. For long term stays, 4 CPs gives you the full deal.

This may have been what you were saying, but I think not.
> Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255