Prev: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST] Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 10:15:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

John M. Atkinson wrote:

> Yeah, but the US got annexed by the Brits.  We likely weren't in much
> of
> a condition to argue about finicky details.  Hell, half the Brits want
>
> to get rid of their monarchy, why would we want it?  And yet it's
> still
> there (Please tell me there was some horriffic accident that put the
> throne in the hands of a different branch of the family, this one has
> about had it).

However it even says in the FB that they made concessions to accomodate
otehr countries such as dropping "HMS" for "RMS". In fact it doesn't say
anything in teh rule book about being "Annexed" it just says all three
united under the crown. Culd just be word lay though.

> (Subject Change)
> How does the official history do Greece?  In my history it reluctantly
>
> stayed with the FSE (French armored divisions in Athens had something
> do with the decision).  The religious, cultural, and other differences
>
> tend to cause friction.  The NRE formally lays claim to Greece (and
> Anatolia, Thrace, etc, but who's counting?) and is actively working to
>
> take it back.  There is a small but vicious terror group, plus a more

Just happen to have my FT book with me at work and so no mention. I say
go for it.

> of being recognized by various branches of the Church on Terra (and in
>
> other places, forming a "shadow heirarchy" where a puppet church is
> supported by the government--primarily the RH, ESU, and to a certain
> extent the FSE).  I realize this doesn't fit in with many people's
> view
> of the future, but any self-respecting Rhomaioi force has at least

Why wouldn't it? You've created a plausible government and military out
of a vacuum. There is there's no mention that whole region in the
rulebook. As far as I'm concerned it's part of the Universe...

Los