Prev: RE: (OT) Dice - Got a good source? Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: ADLER TAG AAR (and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 22:36:47 -0700
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR (and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

> Does NAC use both CMH and Victoria Cross? Does ESU use Order of the

I'll bet the CMOH is defunct, VC still gets handed out.

> Soviet Union (what have they got since that broke up?) and some Asian

Order of the Solar Union, of course.

> Medals? What about NSL (Grand Cross of the Order of the Iron Cross,

Ja.

> or what?). And the OU? Presumably not the VC anymore. And those
> Romanovs must have some medals to give out too.

Romanovs would use the Order of St. Andrew, a pre-revolution order which
has been recently revived in the Russian Fed. as well as other
pre-Revolution orders.

> (And Mr. John Atkinson of Imperium Nea-Romanum, I'm sure with the
> huge volume of work you've done on the Nea Rhomanoi, you must have
> some suggestions for what THEY would use for
> medals/decorations/awards for service, and I'd be interested to hear
> your thoughts too). :)

Ahhh. . . . Err, um.  Not exactally.  As near as I can tell, Rhomaioi
awards for valor fell into three categories.
1)Promotions/Appointments to offices
2)Titles--simillar to Western European nobility/knighthoods
3)Cash

I shall look into the subject at greater length.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: (OT) Dice - Got a good source? Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]