Prev: Re: FMA List: Proposal to change list code. Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 14:08:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Oerjan spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Quoting the SGII vehicle rules, page 31: "The rated Armour Value
actually
> indicates the armour used on the FRONT surfaces of the vehicle; the
> SIDES, TOP and REAR are assumed to have a value of 1 less than the
> frontal armour, except for those with Armour 1 which are assumed to be
> 1all around."

Mea Culpa. Although deck armour must have got a LOT better to be only
one level lower. It tends to be 1/2 to 1/4 thickness and flat. But
even striking one armour level less is an improvement!

> The DSII mine rules (p.44) assume that the bottom armour is 2 levels
> lower than the front armour; the SGII mine rules assume that the mines
> attack the wheels/tracks/ skirts/grav pads instead, and don't bother
with
> armour at all, except in the summary box which seems to confuse the
> Suspension die with Armour :-/

Well, I'll have to take a look at that. Mines do attack both the
armour and the suspension parts in RL.

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: FMA List: Proposal to change list code. Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]