Prev: Re: [FT extra rules] Next: St*rtr*k FTFB conversion

Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question

From: Brian Bell <brian.bell@a...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 20:16:12 -0700
Subject: Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question

> >I'm in the process of changing ISPs, and I was wondering if there is
> >quick and easy way of switching the address at which I'm subscribed?
> >New one is john.m.atkinson@erols.com
> >
> >John M. Atkinson
> To put it bluntly, no there isn't. The only way to do it is unsub
before
> you leave one ISP and resub when you get to the new one. Otherwise
> somewhere along the line things are guaranteed to go wrong and I'll
end up
> with tons of error messages :).
>
> Sorry about that, thicko list server software y'know..
>

>			  TTFN
>				  JOn

Or if you can manage to overlap the services for a day, you can
subscribe using your new ISP and then unsubscribe using your old ISP. I
did this once because it also allowed me to provide forwarding links
from my web pages for that overlap period.
If you do not have this luxury, I agree, that there is no other easy
way.

--
Brian Bell
brian.bell@axom.com

Prev: Re: [FT extra rules] Next: St*rtr*k FTFB conversion