Prev: Re: [SG II] Tyranid conversion Next: Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question

Re: [FT extra rules]

From: SRKOALA@a...
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 23:07:21 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT extra rules]

<< I wouldn't bother, personally.  I see your point, though.  You can
take the
 square of the cube root of the mass as being proportional to the "base"
 modifier, and then let people modify it for different ship
configurations.
 A sphere might be defined as the basic shape.	A longer, narrower ship
 might make the bow and stern aspect = base-1 while making the other
four
 aspects = base+2.  Or you could take base+1 or 2 for all aspects and
call
 it a dispersed structure ship, capable of launching fighters
faster.....
 However, this would affect other things as well.  For example, armor
should
 be affected by the square/cube root ratio, to the benefit of larger
ships.
 Sensor signature would also be affected.  You could do a lot of math
 here--or just not worry about it. >>

Ok, this sounds like some thing for FT3.0, sounds good.  Unless of
course you
like FT2.0...
My $.02
Bye
Stephen

Prev: Re: [SG II] Tyranid conversion Next: Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question