Prev: RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: [FT] Ice-breakers in space

[OT] Re: Human aggression in space

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 09:11:56 +1000
Subject: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space

G'day one and all,

>I always wonder about the authors who think humans would be aggressive
>compared to other alien species...  How many other species have they
met?..

May be not quite you meant, but existing and on-going paleoecology
studies
are suggesting that we have encountered other sentinent species (the
other
branches of the Homo tree) and we eradicated them and their cultures. OK
in
a few years time the "they would've gone anyway" argument may be back in
full swing, but at present everything's pointing to we killed them or
bred
them out (I wonder if Hitler would have had a slightly different view if
he'd realised that Caucasians are the only "race" known (so far) to have
Neanderthal genetic markers in their make-up?).

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: RE: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: [FT] Ice-breakers in space