Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. -Reply

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:31:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. -Reply

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998 CLL@LGC.CO.UK wrote:

> > Does it really take this long for GW to get WD issues to the States?
This
> > issue was out about 5 weeks ago over here...
> >
> > Jon (GZG)
> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I believe that the 2 WD's are not the same, it may have the same
number,
> but the from what I can infer from the Epic list, the American one
doesn't
> have the same articles all the time, and (obviously?) not the same
store
> lists, etc.

In todays information age, with ease of file transfers, there shouldn't
be
any difference between issue dates.  I think the real reason is that WD
is
there to sell the latest and greatest of figs and games.  Here, GW has
the
same problem that GZG has--the master molds are produced in the UK (as
well as the game components and plastics) and shipped to the US.  It's
the
same reason that it takes almost a month to get GZG new releases here in
the States.  At any rate, since the release schedule is behind a month,
WD
(GW's sales organ) is probably held back a month to keep the advertising
up with the releases.

> Really amazingly OT question....
>
> Do US etc WD's have a UK store listing.
> If they do I don't understand the delay
> If they don't, maybe GW, being a UK based operation choose to just
reprint
> UK WD's for the US (and elsewhere) market after some editing.

The US edition has listings only for the US stores.  However, it
occasionally has articles based on particular stores in the UK -- such
as
articles on store armies/scenery and reports on very large events, as
well
as Games Day UK.  Generally, the actual content is the same, with few
changes.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.