Prev: Re: Voltron [Semi OT] Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion

From: "Hedglin, Nils A" <nils.a.hedglin@i...>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 10:27:12 -0700

Hi,
  I don't want to start a major war here, but I'd like to suggest that
DSII
& Stargrunt get split off into their own mailing list.	I suggest this
for
the following reasons:

1) I don't play Full Thrust, so I'm overwhelmed by the constant barrage
of
FT mails that come through the list.  It seems that about every 5
minutes
I'm having to delete another FT mail.  It's gotten to the point that I'm
considering dropping off the list since there is so little DSII
discussion.

2) A DSII/Stargrunt mailing list might encourage more discussion.  Every
morning, I come into work & have about 50 messages that I have to scan
the
subjects of & delete.  I frequently miss the DSII messages because they
are
lost in the mass of FT messages.  Only when I'm looking in my deleted
messages folder something else, do I catch what I've missed.  By having
DSII/Stargrunt mailing list, these messages won't be lost amongst the FT
messages.

3) A DSII/Stargrunt list could possible decrease internet traffic.  I'm
assuming there are other list members out there like me that don't play
FT.
If another list was created, they could be dropped off the FT list & the
large number of FT messages wouldn't have to be sent to them.  (OK, I
know
I'm really reaching for this one.)

So, what do people think about starting a seperate DSII/Stargrunt list?
Thanks for listening,
Nils Hedglin
Nils.A.Hedglin

Prev: Re: Voltron [Semi OT] Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.