Prev: RE: Bugs Next: RE: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

Re: still FMA-40k

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 16:23:43 +0100
Subject: Re: still FMA-40k

Magnus Alexandersson skrev:

> Well, my thoughs were that you would give them a bonus in the reaktion

> test,

Should you get a reaction test bonus just because you have a sword? I
don't think so (I know for sure that *I* personally don't get one - not
against ranged weapons, anyway <g>). I'd rather just make assault troops
like Banshees etc (if you use GW models) high-quality units overall;
that
both gives them a good chance in the reaction tests and makes them very
hard in CC (coupled with their CC weapons, of course).

Question to the rest of the list (or, better still, Jon or Mike): If a
model has both a sword and a auto-pistol, does it get the CCW modifiers
for both Close Combat firearms *and* Close Combat edged weapons (ie, a
total of 2 shifts)?

> and after all most assault squads HAVE CCwpns, which means that
> thier shooting range is rather limited already, so, you don't wanna
shoot
> with them anyway.

Well, yes you do - not as a primary tactic, but you're definitely going
to want to use those pistols.

> I understand that the SGII game is more a "shooty" game than wh 40k
> (which isn't?)....

Yes and no. You shoot more in SGII, but tend to inflict less real damage
- the usual result when you open fire at a unit is that its soldiers
drop
prone and refuse to move for a while. Wholesale slaughters of troops in
open terrain (as many 40K battles involving Orks seem to be) aren't very
common in SGII. This is particularly true if the enemy is smart enough
use cover properly :-/

In order to inflict serious casualties on the enemy, you have to call in
artillery support - or send in a close assault. Getting artillery
support
can take a lot of time and isn't able to handle all situations anyway,
so
the close assault gets important.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Bugs Next: RE: GZG FH: Blue water navy.