Prev: Also... Next: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 10:33:26 -0600
Subject: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Roger Gerrish wrote:

> Don't think you need to worry about the design changes, after all the
40K
> Universe theoretically has ships in it that  are over 10,000 years
old, some
> of the ships in frontline service are based on reclaimed Space Hulks
which
> were lost in the distant past. So your existing miniatures are not
obsolete
> and its likely that stats for those ships will be published in the
Journal
> etc sometime....(or you can make some up)

	Just as long as they kept the Gothic Class Battleship, and
didn't
change it too much.

> Ork ships on the way.

	I can see it now... a fleet composed entirely of garbage scows!
;-)

	The two new Imperial ships they presented in WD were fantastic!
I'd
love to see what they've done for the rest of them.

> There will be rules for Eldar and Orks......not sure about Tyranids
> yet...the rule set in WD is just a taster of what is to come, however
there
> is still time for changes and I know Andy Chambers is looking for any
> comments, criticisms etc.

	I've played a couple of rounds last night to get the feel for
the
rules.	They're quit playable.	Movement could be just a tad more
realistic, but it's nice for beginers.	The one thing I don't like are
the torpedo rules.  They just move in a straight line 30cm per turn
until they hit something.  They don't "home in" on their targets.

> I can't comment on any of the additional stuff as I'm playtesting and
as
> with the FTFB for GZG I can't let much slip....however there are rules
for
> Fighters, Boarding Combat, Wierd weapons, Exterminatus scenarios and a
> pretty decent campaign system that has some quite unique features.

	So this is a real, honest-to-Bog project?  They are serious
about
releasing this	thing in the not too distant future. (Next Sunday A.D.)

> Please don't take the above as being the words of somebody assimilated
into
> the GW collective, I play plenty of non-GW games (I love FT and was an
FTFB
> playtester), I'm just lucky that I live in Nottingham and am friendly
with
> the GW designers who have asked me to playtest BG.

	You mean the Evil Empire actually DOES playtest their games?  Or
is
this a first?

> So far I think the game plays well and will be an interesting addition
> the genre.

	So far, what I've seen is pretty playable.  Torps need some
tweaking
movemen-wise.  When I've played a few real games with some real
opponents, I'll type up a report to Mr. Chambers.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"I've got plans for you, Goldilocks."

				     --Sitting Bull to Custer
					"Histeria"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Also... Next: RE: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle