Prev: New GZGs Chat Schedule. Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Re: FreeDS1 was: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 11:06:04 +0100
Subject: Re: FreeDS1 was: RE: RE:[MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

>>incidentally, what does FMA stand for? i've been reading all these
>arguments involving this term, and i've been largely mystified. a
precise
>definition would also help.
>>
>>Tom
>

>Full Metal Anorak. A multi-layered pun and wargamer-geek joke, I
>guess...Full Metal Jacket is the military ammunition type, anorak is a
>jacket and a British word for nerd, right?

Right, from the perceived view that nerds (especially trainspotters, and
in
the distorted perception of Joe Public, wargamers as well), tend to wear
horrible anoraks that went out of fashion in the Seventies....

>-Buji
>
>who thinks that FMA Fantasy should be called Full Metal Bodkin.

I think we've settled on FULL METAL CODPIECE for the Fantasy version....
:)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: New GZGs Chat Schedule. Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.