Prev: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: Planetary defenses

Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 22:02:27 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

I had also been waiting with baited breath since somebody from the UK
had
spilled beans on rec.games.miniatures.warhammer, as, of course, they get
White Dwarf earlier by half a month.

The ships I've seen in the mag look a lot like the old Imperials with
just
enough changes to make my large holding unusable (how GW-ish ;->= ).
Really
torqued me off that it was Imperial vs. Imperial, Chaos. Sorry, found it
paucity of imagination. Well, as I haven't actually tried the preview
rules, I'll get to it, and try a preview review laters.

True about the shadow-whatevers: I have one with sails accidently
snapped
off that someone else had done in greens and yellows. Eldar ships were
supposed to be somewhat 'organic', but these are almost creepy.

However, I always thought the tenticled 'nids painted in metallic greens
and purples would REALLY be hideous.

Off to give the WD another perusal.

The_Beast

PS. Rules can't be any worse than the old 'how well can I drop dice into
the box top', psuedo-tic-tac-toe. If only they tried going off Man O'
War,
which I finally played again this week!

Prev: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy. Next: Re: Planetary defenses