Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf.

Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

From: "Darryl Adams" <darryl_adams@o...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 12:53:20 +1000
Subject: Re: GZG FH: Blue water navy.

Also look at the famous "at high tech a fighter plane  and a tank would
be
almost the same" argument from traveller.

With a grav hull, a MBT would be faster than a patrol boat, able to
negate
bad seas, and hide on land if things get scary.

Aircraft would also at a higher tech level would carry more firepower
and
would be harder to hit (with active and passive stealth).

Ships would also be very easy to locate from space (even today , with
Keyhole and ROSAT able to pick up subs and ships easily).

Therefore, IMHO, ships of tomorrow would be bigger, carry a LOT more
armour
than today (no more magnesium aluminium), and proberbly submarines.

Darryl