Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: DS2 and elegance

Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 20:08:52 -0500
Subject: Re: *New DS2/SG2 website*

You may want to do a net search for Irony Games, they have a neat
Secure Web Dice Server that lets PBeM ers exchange valid verifiable
die rolling.

Also, the Campaign Cartographer software is a pretty cool all purpose
CAD/mapping tool for fantasy and sci fi.

As for house rule on Hull Down in SG2 terms:

Note: Going IP for a vehicle is a full activation. This represents
getting into a tank dugout or the like, throwing cam net, etc. over
the vehicle, setting any firing anchors, etc.

Hull Down in Tank Dugout (CEV manufactured or the like): 2 die shifts
to range die (Hard Cover) and armour die plus reduction to 2/3rd
effective size class, round down, minimum 1. If no turret (for tank
destroyer fans), treat as Turret Down. Turret, cupola and pintle
weapons can fire.

Turret Down in Tank Dugout (as above): 2 die shifts hard cover to
range die and armour die, plus reduciton to 1/3rd effective size
class, round down, mimimum 1. Only cupola and pintle weapons can
engage - turret weapon and any hull weapons are blocked.

Hull Down Behind a Ridge line or mound of earth: 1 die shift soft
cover to range die and armour die, reduction to 2/3rds effective size
class, round down, minimum 1. If no turret (for tank destroyer fans),
treat as Turret Down. Turret, cupola and pintle weapons can fire.

Turret Down Behind a Ridge line or mound of earth: 1 die shift soft
cover to range die and armour die, reduction to 1/3rd effective size
class, round down, minimum 1. Only cupola and pintle weapons can
engage - turret weapon and any hull weapons are blocked.

Note that cover is directional - ridgelines and piles of dirt or
rubble only cover the front, tank dugouts cover front and sides.
Neither effectively protect the rear.

In a turn where a vehicle leaves a tank slit, assume it has to move
backwards some distance, before going into a forward gear. A normal
move would then be reduced to 8" and a combat move to 2d8". This
represents getting out of the tanks slip.

You may want to add these to your DS2 version of this rule. Note the
above implementation gives die shifts to range dice and armour dice,
but it also effects silhouette size for calculating HW range bands.

Also, it occurs to me an addition to the breaching rules should be
made for vehicle rams through buildings (or interior walls!). Many
AFVs have gotten stuck in this situation (oops, My King Tiger is
pinned under rubble requiring either a CEV or a dismount crew to
free). Also, some crash through the floors of buildings into the
basements. I'll look at something later in the week for this.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: DS2 and elegance