Prev: FW: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability

RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 12:29:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

You wrote:

>Not myth in North Hollywood, IIRC it took LAPD more than a few minutes
to >get  enough firepower and men to stop a squad of poorly trained,
well >equipped losers. My point is, in a SG2 scenario your average
squad of LAPD >would be very underpowered compared to criminals who are
ready to rock and >roll. So maybe at the end of the third or fourth
turn of play, the 'Good >Guys' get some SWAT-Types with body armor and
assault rifles to assist units >with 9mm's and 12ga. shotguns, maybe
the bulls have flak vests and helmets >in the trunk, maybe SMGs
(especially in a cyber-punky future).

IMHO, the procedure already posted as SOP for modern Irish policeman
makes the most sense in those .0001% of crimes where real firepower is
involved--have the regular cops basically tail the gunmen and vector in
the cops with real firepower.  No vehicle (barring an FTL-capable
starship) is faster than a radio wave.	Anyone who argues with guys
with assault rifles and other junk without adequate firepower deserves
to get shot for their stupidity.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: FW: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability