Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 12:17:39 -0700
Subject: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> by munchkins). Real battle doesn't give you the luxury of picking
> even sides. The issue isn't win-lose, its how well you lead your
> troops and how much fun you had. If you play an unbalanced game, but
> score enemy casualties out of all proportion, then you should be
> pleased. If you lose, it can be taken in stride. It is a GAME after

I fall into this category. Personally I hate the whole points thing. I
prefer to base my scenarios on situations. In fact the ones where one
side is up shit's creek are far more interesting to me. When My friends
and I play we pick some ships ("I want the shiny red ones!"<g>) and go.
Or we play a scenario based on a story I want to write. It's how well
you play with the forces that were given that matters, when we play.)
Besides, none of us play THAT much that we know what the hell we're
doing anyway. Right Kurt? <g> For us, half the fun is writing the AAR
afterwards, ALWAYS a requirement.

> all. SG2 can be 'bring and battle' especially if you start organizing
> yourself - put the figures for a unit in a little box with a card
> detailing their stats and then you don't have to write out the stats
> for the unit each time you arrive at a battle.

Yes I don't know about other wargaming clubs, but at ours, this is how
everything is done. It's amazing the size battles you can get done in a
short time, BUT it does require that someone does the work ahead of
time.

> And, for the record, most of the WH40K players I've met have suffered
> from the minor folly of youth - they are exuberant, munchkinish,

Ahh yes, it's funny how when you are young, you come to the absolute
realization that you know EVERYTHING. But when you are older, you
realize that you don't know anything!BTW, I enjoy the occasional E40k
game.

Los

Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity