Prev: Re: erm... power armour Next: Re: erm... power armour

RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 10:25:11 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

9mm ain't that bad. But, as far as I know, criminals can and do use
eveything from zipguns to big 'ol assault rifles. When dealing with
routine
stuff, no prob. But the bulls are outclassed often by bad guys.... If
only
due to budgetary constraints. Let's just say a goodly portion of the
enforcement powers of most Peace Officers comes not from them 9mm's but
from
the uniform and badge. Fine on the routine beat,  but when push comes to
shove (like in a SG2 scenario) a high capacity 9mm might not be the
optimal
weapon to have.