Prev: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers Next: [SG] - Competition Results - Longish Post

[SG2] PA availability, police PA, PA figs

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 15:25:14 -0500
Subject: [SG2] PA availability, police PA, PA figs

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> > this has ramifications for the use of PA in ship-ship boarding,
where corridors will be quite small. in fact, a minimum-size corrdor
(think submarines) is quite an effective passive anti-PA defence>
> Well, nowadays, here's the way most SWAT teams adress breaching a
defended site: They have this huge heavy thing called a body bunker.
They're like three feet wide, bulletrpoof, with a small armored > slit
for observation. There's a pole along the back
 for a guy to grab. It's probably the size as a full legionaire shield.
There's  a headlight on it for blinding perps. One guy's sole job is to
hold> thing, and with his spare hand he has his pistol. So the team
stacks up behind this guy outside the door
. An aditional officer or two have a battering ram that smashes the door
off its frame or hinge> then the body bunker goes through with everyone
else behind it. There is of course little or no concern shown for the
door, doorframe or any collateral prope
rty damage, (hope they have the right hous>
> So for PA, as long as the guy can smash his way though the doorway
then it's honkey dory. (Don't ask what that means)  However, you bring
up a good point that PA in space ships had better be light an>
manueverable so you can get through a hatch.

I know GZG makes some cops (or I think they do) but an entry team
with a ram and a body bunker would be a cool squad. (and of course a
couple of snipers for deployment elsewehere). Even better for the
skirmish level game when it comes out.

As to your comment about helmets, most of the Recce types I've known
(and me too) hate the damn thing. I'd rather have my green beret or
my green bushhat (better at breaking up my head outline and easy to
attach netting and underbrush to). Now, it might be tempting to wear
one of the police 'low profile' vests, but that don't do much for
neck and arms or the groin. A bulletproof, low bulk, high/weat heat
transfer turtleneck would be great.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers Next: [SG] - Competition Results - Longish Post