Prev: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: Re: [Rules/OT] Shockforce?

Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

From: Charles Gray <cgray@j...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 14:45:45 -0700
Subject: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

tom.anderson@altavista.net wrote:

> i always thought powered peelers would be a good idea in
> any sort of cyberpunkish future where crime spirals out
> of control as urban population density and the rich-poor
> gap rises. based on existing british cozzers, i would
> paint them blue, with white checked stripes. add an
> ornage dot and some big numerals on the back for
> recognition from aircraft, and a big blue flashing light
> on the head or shoulder. in short, The Powered Arm Of
> The Law is more like a current police car than a
> policeman.
>
>  ---- you wrote:
> > Noah spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> > > Interesting argument - I'll have to paint up some of my ESU PA in
police
> > > colors (any suggestions?) for use in my developing gang
war/uprising
> > > scenario...
>
> Tom
>
> nb 'peelers' is a (somewhat antiquated) british term for policeman
(police were invented by Robert Peel). i think it's a cockney term, but
it's a good one.

> ps i bet a pint someone will argue that peel didn't invent the police.

	PA suits for police also has one tremendous advantage-- they
won't have
to shoot as many people.  Think about it, today, officers often open
fire when they are fired on... but if you have a PA suit that is immune
to small caliber fire, then all they have to do is walk up to the fellow
and take his gun away.	It won't help with criminals armed with
anti-armor weapons, but those are just a bit more conspicuous then a
typical revolver.

Prev: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availability Next: Re: [Rules/OT] Shockforce?