Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers Next: Re: [FT universe]

[SG2] [FT Universe] Questions

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:34:17 -0500
Subject: [SG2] [FT Universe] Questions

Q1: I remember when I was in CF that we had an 'aircraft action'
section drill for small arms to fire agains air vehicles. Did I miss
something in SG2 or is this not possible? If it is possible, how does
one adjudicate such fire? (My suggestion: Give the pilot a chance to
breakaway just like GMS attack. If he breaks, there goes his
activation because he's moved. If he doesn't break away, then resolve
fire as if it was at double the distance between firer and target (to
cover height off the ground) unless target is hovering, in which case
only one and a half times. Because of the difficulty of effective
fire, shift firer FP die down one level).

Q2: Has someone published a list of stars vs. named colonies (that is
to say, I downloaded from the FT core some amazing starmaps - thanks
to the author - big kudos!). I know we have some idea where New
Israel, Albion, and a couple of other colonies are from the official
list, but has anyone composed an 'official' list of the ones we
'officially' know about (thus allowing us to fill in the unofficial
ones as we see fit). I just don't want to find out I've situated my
Independent Scots colony on the homeworld of the LLAR.....

Q3: Who wrote the excellent article on bunkers/buildings in SG2? I
could use it for a current scenario involving an attack on a castle.
Could the author send me a copy at thomas.barclay@sofkin.ca -
excellent work but I seem to have misplaced the copy I thought I had
saved.

Thanks for the info folks.
Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers Next: Re: [FT universe]