Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: [SG2] [FT Universe] Questions

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:19:56 -0700
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

Glover, Owen wrote:

> If you two have different  visions of the future then you will argue
> forever
> without a resolution. Pretty well of the gamers at our club don't get
> overly
> concerned about the socio-politia-economics of future history; we like
>
> gaming and just get on with it.
>
> Can we please please have a little relevance to the rules and game
> play of
> FT/DS/SG??

<RANT ON>
For chrissakes! Notying is more annoying then messages like this. Not
that I'm interested in teh economic ramifications of colonization and
their potential relevance to GZG operations, but if I see a thread that
doesn't intersted mte, I SKIP OVER IT. I don't sit there and try to
quash the goddamn conversation. You're right, it is science fiction, and
half the enjoyment a large amount of the people get off of being on this
mailing list is postulating such things as "what if", "but I think"...
and "in the future there will probably be".... If you can't see the
relevance to sci -fi gaming then you're beyond help. Live and let live.
A lot of good ideas, additional rules, rules clarifications, scenarios
etc. comes from this free flow of discussion. Besides, it clearly says
on the thread OT!

<RANT OFF>
Los <grin...sort of>

Prev: Re: [FT universe] Next: [SG2] [FT Universe] Questions