Prev: Re: [semi OT]PA & various B.S..was Women wargamers Next: FT-ML DIGEST

DirtSide/StarGrunt: Air Defense systems

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:16:27 -0700
Subject: DirtSide/StarGrunt: Air Defense systems

Hello,
	I've been reading the discussion of the air defense systems with
some
interest.  A few months ago I posted a list of equipment that included
the
GMS/* air weapons system.  These were GMS systems that had increased
fuel
and electronics to be able to engage enemy air platforms.   LAD/ ADS
published in DS have the ability to make an attack on each unit that
passes
through their area.  the idea of the GMS/* air was a light weapons
system
that could make one opportunity fire during its turn.  In the GMS/P
category the GMS/P air would be a single stinger operator and a LAD
would
be a stinger weapons systems such as the chapparel.  In the GMS/L
category
a GMS/L air would be a single launcher while a ADS would be a hawk
battery.
 The critical factors are not just the cost but that an ADS can make
multiple shots but takes up a lot more room than a single launcher.
this
size is due to the number of missile/magazines/rounds on the rail versus
having to be reloaded.
	So if you wanted to attach a GMS/* air weapon to a unit follow
these
rules.	Buy the system as per my previous cost list.  The unit has its
own
activation marker (perhaps you should make it distiguished from the
others
by showing its only for firing) but moves with the other units when they
do.  It can opportunity fire against air units or direct fire against
others, when fired the marker is turned over and that unit is done for
the
turn.
	Meanwhile LAD/ ADS work as listed in that they fire upon all
units that
meet their attack criteria.
	Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: [semi OT]PA & various B.S..was Women wargamers Next: FT-ML DIGEST