Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [OT] Minbari Poles

[OT] Minbari Poles

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 12:07:29 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [OT] Minbari Poles

You wrote:

>last comment I can't concur with. Rangers are profficient with the
>Minbari whatchamacallitstick but I think it quite likely most are
>skilled in various small arms too. The stick just makes less noise in
>close quarters and doesn't give energy discharges that can be picked
>up by sensors. :)

I don't actually recall seeing a Ranger shoot anyone in the series.
They like beating people with sticks, sure.  But I don't work at close
quarters, and if shooting has started I'm no longer worried about being
subtle.  We have this discussion on occasion with people who get
carried away with hand signals--once people have started shooting, the
enemy knows you are there, so you can shout whatever it is you're
trying to say.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [OT] Minbari Poles