Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

From: PCARON <Pcaron@c...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:46:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

This is the GZG list, isn't it?  I wanted to read about some cool FT
stuff
the past few days... so far I've been gett'n lots of mail but not much
of
it seems to be GZG related.

Rather than just be a whiner however, I do have a question concerning
how
other players handle moving asteroids in their games.  I'd like to host
FT "Asteroids" game (you know, like the video game), only using the full
thrust rules and allowing starships to fire at and destroy asteroids for
points.  They can also fire at each other... but that isn't worth
anything.  I'd like to have the big asteroids blow up into little ones
moving at a higher rate but I want to keep the asteroids from flying off
the table.  I was thinking of having ships and asteroids "bounce" off of
the edge of the table but I'm not sure of how to handle the vectors
without slowing game play down.

It's a silly idea, but in a strange way, a FT "asteroids" scenario
sounds
like it would be fun to try sometime.  Anyone have any suggestions on
implementing the above?  Any comments welcome...

Thanks,

Pete

Peter Caron
pcaron@cris.com

		    "War is the trade of kings."

				    John Dryden
				     1631-1700

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish