Prev: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs) Next: Background Star Maps

RE: Miniature Warming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

From: John Skelly <canjns@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:01:16 -0400
Subject: RE: Miniature Warming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

To add to the x-acto horror:

I was cutting cardboard for a Space Hulk board.  Yes I was cutting
towards
my hand when WAM the knife lunged into my ring finger's knuckle.  It cut
right into the tendon.	It bled like a sieve and, of course, needed
stitches.

When I got to the hospital I informed her that I had seen the white
interior
underneath my skin.  She informed me that I cut the tendon and that it
would
need a stitch as well.	WELL getting a stitch in a tendon really sucks.
They use a special tool that spreads the skin apart so that you can see
the
tendon.  As she stitched the tendon the intern assisting at the time had
constantly jab a bandage into the gab to absorb the blood.  Once the
tendon
was stitched she was then able to stitch the skin above it.

The worse part was how retarded I felt realizing I almost lobbed off a
finger because I wanted a new board piece ;-)

message,
> my
> left hand index finger is under half an inch of gauze which makes
typing
> difficult.  I just got back from the emergency room after an X-Acto
> knife got away from my and cut the dickens out of my hand. (I couldn't
> find any chicken livers.  10 pt reference)  The accident occurred
while
> I was preparing some plastic tubs that I was converting into sci-fi
> buildings for wargaming purposes.  I got three stitches and a tetanus
> shot (the latter was surprising painless, it was the former that stung
> bit).
>	I warn any and all miniature wargamers to be careful with your
> tools.
> The life you save could be your own.
> --
> This public service announcement was brought to you by,
> Mark A. Siefert
>
>	The foundation of collectivism is simple: There should be no
> important
> economic differences among people. No one should be too rich. No one
> should be
> too poor. We should "close the wealth gap."  This is a very powerful
> idea.
> This is a very common idea.  This is a very bad idea.
>
>				     --P.J. O'Rourke
>				       From his speech "Closing the
Wealth
> Gap"