Prev: Re: BIG TANK Next: RE: Miniature Warming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 16:33:13 +0100
Subject: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

On the fine day of 10/9/98 2:58 pm Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk wrote:

>>Also, we found that rolling for *each* Core System gave there
>>being a higher
>>chance of any one of them going on the first threshold run
>>(the odds of rolling
>>a 6 with three die are significantly higher than with just
>>one). So typically
>>when we do use them we only roll once for the Core Systems,
>>and if a Threshold
>>Check fails, roll to see which *one* of the Core Systems bit it.
>
>Good house rool. this reminds me a bit of the way Silent Death
>did it, their crits system was good.

I like this idea - it'll limit crits a bit more.  One thing - isn't a +1

added to the current threshold number for these "crits" - according to
the second paragraph in this section of the FB.  This makes it
impossible
to receive a critical hit until one starts checking on for the second
and
subsequent threshold points.

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com		 sage@wamnet.com
Rochester  MN  USA		 WAM!NET

Prev: Re: BIG TANK Next: RE: Miniature Warming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!