Prev: [DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads) Next: [MISC] alternative rules

RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:58:27 +0100
Subject: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

>side just got a huge advantage for (relatively) little output.
>It can be as unbalancing as 'game over' for the unfortunate side.

Like HMS Hood was for the British Navy ;-) Or that lucky torp
on the Bismarks rudder, life is *sometimes* like that.

>Also, we found that rolling for *each* Core System gave there
>being a higher
>chance of any one of them going on the first threshold run
>(the odds of rolling
>a 6 with three die are significantly higher than with just
>one). So typically
>when we do use them we only roll once for the Core Systems,
>and if a Threshold
>Check fails, roll to see which *one* of the Core Systems bit it.

Good house rool. this reminds me a bit of the way Silent Death
did it, their crits system was good.

Ta also for included crits list, suggestions

tim jones
--------

Prev: [DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads) Next: [MISC] alternative rules