Prev: [URL] Generic Legions / Orge Miniatures Next: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

[DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads)

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:51:07 +0100
Subject: [DS2] Hammers Slammers advocacy wars (from various other threads)

>The missiles
>used in Hammer's Slammers are instead wireguided, operator
>controlled units
>which are easily destroyed by any tank crew.

IIRC the only ATMS mentioned in HS were unguided and
shoulder launched basically a future LAWS called a
buzzbomb - rules for these are in DSII

IIRC the 'Books' don't mention any other ATMS systems.

>    Powerguns have no place in GZG's Future History genre
>either. They are
>an extension of DSII mechanics to better suit the Hammer's
>Slammers genre.

Although DS2 is heavily inspired by HS, buzz-bombs, anti personnel
belt charges plasma guns etc. DS2 is in essence HS meets the
Yom Kippur War.

JT's HS article

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/slammin-the-dirt.html

says any DS2 system is applicable, but counters later:-

The are many other aspects of the Slammers' universe that we have
not been able to cover here, such as the use of centrally-directed
fire from the hovertanks as point-defence against artillery fire,
the "Calliope" multiple 3cm powergun
vehicles used for AAA defence and so on.
The flexibility and simple mechanisms of DIRTSIDE II should however
permit you to fit in these and any other systems that you may wish to
use.

there you have the final word - Experiment and have fun!

tim jones
--------

Prev: [URL] Generic Legions / Orge Miniatures Next: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)