Prev: Re: FB designs and SLMs Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Babylon Five game

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 09:34:43 -0700
Subject: Babylon Five game

Hello,
	This last weekend I played in a game of Cameleon Eclectics B5
game
(essentially a full thrust variant for Babylon 5) at a local convention.
There were two games of this run.  The figures were very well done and
extremely well painted, I was impressed.
	However, there were two weapons that completely dominated the
game.  The
Narns and humans torched the Centauri fleet in two different games.
First
the Narns used their energy mines and heavy beams to destroy the
Centauri
fleet.	In the next game the Humans torched the Cenauri fleet in a hail
of
heavy beam attacks.  The HBW system just has too mcuh power and the
rollover of a full die six for a natural six makes it just too
impressive
at long range.	Okay so I can only cause damage on a six at my extreme
range, but if I do, I get do an additional 1D6 with a rollover for every
six....
	I would not play that game again unless some serious changes
were made...
	Add the HBW issue to the fact that the Centauri forces have
their weapons
spread across all thier arcs and you have a seriously weak fleet.  Their
only advantage is in the mix with the enemy line, but if you can't close
with them without getting zorched, it does you little good.
		Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: FB designs and SLMs Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]