Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: Babylon Five game

Re: FB designs and SLMs

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 11:24:57 -0500
Subject: Re: FB designs and SLMs

>We did find the "attacks closest target" rule to be a bit limiting
>and so we've adopted a house rule that allows the firing player to
>nominate his target if he dedicates one active firecon to guidance.
>Otherwise, it attacks the closest target as usual.  This will also
>give us the option of later adopting ECM rules with EFSB-Minbari-style
>jamming systems to counter the guiding firecon.

Oops, forgot to mention the other house rule we adopted; in order to
avoid
the problem with a firing ship "overrunning" its own emplaced SLMs, we
are
now placing salvoes within 24" (or 36" for ER) of the projected endpoint
of
the firing ship's vector and dropping the limitation on firing arcs.

This is what we used in our second game and it seemed to work very
nicely
with  the vector movement system.  We dropped the firing arcs part way
through the game when it became obvious that keeping them with the new
vectored salvoes was both unwieldy and unnecessary.

Jeff

Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: Babylon Five game