Prev: RE: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report

Re: GZG OT Duck the tape

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 00:21:28 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG OT Duck the tape

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Los wrote:
> >
> > I don't know hwere all this sudden animosity for duct tape is coming
> > from, but in the military, we live off the stuff. I've been rigging
> > palletts, jump containers, web harnesses, whatever, with it for
decades.
> > And as an occasional pit crewman for an touring class racing team,
it's
> > come in handy for  field expedient body work too!
>
>	  The Society for Creative Anachronism lives off the stuff.
>	  It has been said that you can tell an SCA member: a person
>	  who only has to walk a maximum of five steps in
>	  their apartment in order to grab a roll of duct tape.

That discription also fits "Red Green"	(for those of you who haven't
seen his
show...
He is a comedian from canada who has a half hour show on PBS -- here in
the
states.
One of the things he does is try to turn common ordinary objects into
something radically different...Usually by using MASSIVE amounts of duct
tape
to hold it togather...Never seems to work very well.  His favorite
comment
is:  Duct tape, The handyman's secret weapon!)

Donald Hosford

Prev: RE: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: [OT] Re: GenCon UK mini-report