Prev: Re: Diamond Age Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

From: "Atcliffe, Phillip" <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 10:37:50 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

On Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:46:32 +0100 Ground Zero Games
<jon@gzero.dungeon.com> made us all *insanely* jealous by
writing:

>>> Highlight of the Con has to be Claudia Christian as
GOH, who is a lovely lady with an evil sense of humour and
a staggering capacity for alcohol. <<<

>>> Jon (GZG), who probably disclaims most of the
responsibility for anything said above and will deny
eveything if pressed. Having had Claudia cuddle up to me
for a photo, my life is now complete.... :) <<<

To which Mark replied:
>> SIGH.... Claudia was at US GenCon too.  However I have
this "thing" about celebrities; they make me nervous.  The
best I could do was catch the occasional glimpse of her
signing autographs at the Precedence booth.

Then Jon wrote:
> The really nice thing is that instead of being shepherded
around by minders and organisers and only allowed near us
slavering gamers under carefully controlled conditions,
Claudia (and the other guests) was mixing freely with
everyone and having a great time (until she fell down while
very, very drunk and did something nasty to her ankle - she
was in plaster on Saturday....). I got some lovely photos
of her signed (paid for them, but all money to charity),
got the latest issue of SFX signed across an interview with
her and spent a good while just chatting with her. <

But did you give her examples of CR-2A and -2B? After all,
these days, true fame is being made into a figurine, and
GZG did it for the gorgeous Claudia before anyone else!

I still say that you should do GC versions of Ivanova and
Delenn.

Phil, official GZG-approved pervert to this list,
reminding everyone _how_ I got that "title" <g>. BTW, Mark,
how about some details about the red-head?
"We gotta get out into Space,
 If it's the last thing we ever do!"
   -- Return to the Forbidden Planet
A sentiment echoed by Phil Atcliffe
	      (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: Diamond Age Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]