Prev: [FT?] SAAB Cruisers Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Re: Diamond Age

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 10:35:48 -0400
Subject: Re: Diamond Age

I read "The Diamond Age", I liked it, but I don't remember any armour
> >battles in it. There were social conflicts and character conflicts,
though.

> There are none.  I am in the middle of re-reading it, and jusr
finished
> reading  that virtually all warfare is being fought entirely by
> nanomachines.  Not something that ANY game could really model, and not
> something that would be a lot of fun to play anyway.
> *Roll Dice*
> "All of your soldiers explode!  Guess your counternanites weren't up
> snuff!"

Not true.  There are brief glimpses of the war going on in mainland
China, involving troopers called 'Hoplites' who where nano-powered armor
and command a really wierd (if somewhat vague) assortment of energy and
nano-weapons.  (Check out the last few chapters, mostly).

Prev: [FT?] SAAB Cruisers Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]