Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions

RE: [SG2] Morale Suggestion: Enfilade

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:49:13 +0100
Subject: RE: [SG2] Morale Suggestion: Enfilade

>I knew there was something bothering me about the morale rules in SG2,
>something missing. Enfilade fire is missing! Being shot at
>from an unexpected
>direction has no effect on morale.

I agree, when this happens in a paint ball game is really
freaks you out, real bullets/beams must be real bad juju.

>Note that this might result in players placing their figures in circles
in
>order to eliminate a rear "arc." This is allowable, however the figures
facing
>the rear can not participate on firing at enemy units to the front.

This is/was Army doctrine after over-running a position, makes sense.

>This is just a house rule I came up with, untested as yet. I'll try it
and see
>how it goes. It does push players to try for enfilade fire (or at least
give
>players who do it an advantage).

Its seems logical on paper, and in even mock combat going for enfilade
fire
is a common effective tactic.

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: RE: [MIN] DS2 model/painting questions