Prev: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: RE: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 21:47:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

At 07:51 PM 9/4/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Heh.  That's amusing -- that's the exact opposite reaction I had when I
>first started painting Heavy Gear minis, after mostly painting Epic
stuff.
>It was a relief to paint some cammo, 'cause all I'd been painting to
that
>point hadn't been cammo... well, I didn't do so well on my first squad
>(desert/sand color with dark splotches, rather nondescript), but my
next
>batch came out nice. ^_^  ("Jungle" cammo, brown/red with tan & dark
green
>lines, looking kinda like vines.)  The latter *definitely* took a while
>paint, but was well worth it....

It's been waaay too long since I painted my 25 or 28mm troops in
anything
but cammo.  I'm getting burned out, though, and so that's going to
change.
I paint too slowly as it is.  Most of my earlier Epic scale stuff is
very
brightly painted.  My Ogre minis are black and bright red, for
example....
I did my next force in blue and white, the one following that in
off-white
and grey, and  then did a handfull of GW marines in black, red, and
white.
Everything since then has been in cammo, including my BIG force of GZG
grav
tanks, all of which are painted in a simplified version of urban cammo:
grey basecoat, with very light grey geometric shapes painted over top
and
filled in with black.  Reasonably quick and easy to paint, and it looks
pretty good.  And the new space marine stuff is being painted in brown
and
tan.  This is it, though!  My next bunch of tanks is going to be
something
different.  Blue and glitter (using Embossing powder) Eldar, I think.
I'm
getting sick of dull colors.

>And it got me to paint some of my Space Fleet ships, in (as with most
GW
>stuff) styled colors, beacuse it was different.  It's actually kinda
nice
>to have the two different painting styles to switch between... though I
>guess you could get the same thing by doing a headquarters squadron in
>parade colors, or something.
>
>					Aaron Teske
>					ateske@HICom.net

My spaceships (with the exception of the hot pink Tyrannid fleet) are
all
in various shades of black, grey, and white.  It's what felt right,
somehow.  I have plans for my Avarian fleet, though...colorful plans.

"The Norwegian Blue, eh?  Lovely plumage!"

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: RE: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.