Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

Re: Nea Rhomaioi

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 22:12:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Nea Rhomaioi

At 18:14 02/09/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I just posted
>
>http://www.angelfire.com/va/basileus/allies.html
>
>which covers two minor powers, the Russ and Georgians, as translated
>into the NRE universe.  Not as much detail or anything, but I wanted
>you to look at 'em before I linked it to my main page.  I'm still
>working on how to translate Norman mercenaries.
>
>John

John,
	I take it that this was ment for me? Ok here goes.

Russ-
	I think you have been a little savage on their quality. I think
the base
roll should be the same as for the Georgians but say -1 for armour and
+1
for infantry. If you leave the quality roll as is, allow command units
get a +1. I also think that the command sections for each company of
infantry should be PA. This would represent some of the Varangians
coming
back with all their gear or enough money to buy/smuggle some.

Georgians-
	I think you got it right but maybe a +1 for evryone if facing
IF. :)

Normans-
	Ok basics. Decimal organisation through out. 10 man squads, five
squads/vehicles to a platoon, five platoons plus command to a battlion.
Brigade is 5 battlions plus supports. No units bigger than brigade.
	I'm think that most decendants of actual Normandy Normans are
part of the
FSE and that your mercs are mostly Scilian Normans. Not at all trusted
by
the FSE govt but would have strong if illicit links to the FSE. With
that
in mind you might try giving the unit types Italian names (don't ask me
what knight is in Italian).

	Knight Battlion.
	Heavy tank battlion (size 4 or 5) of five platoons plus a
command platoon
of 3 tanks. Tanks all Grav mouting DFFG. (nasty up close but if you can
deal with them at range or weather the first wave you should be ok).
Little
to no ECM, stealth or PDS and no support units.

	Retainer Tank battlion.
	GEV size 3 tanks mouting MDC. Little to no ECM, stealth or PDS.
Battlion
is 5 platoons plus 3 tank command plus light art platoon with RAM
mortars.

	Retainer Infantry Battlion.
	GEV APCS just like the FSE. 10 man squads. Battlion has 5
platoons plus 3
squad command unit plus light art platoon.

	Retainer Brigade.
	This usually has 2 tank and 3 infantry battlions. Supports are
likely to
be Engineer platoon, AD platoon, Heavy Art platoon.

	Provisional Brigade.
	Provisional battlions are organised the same way as Retainer
Battlions but
lack the Art platoon. Vehicles are slow tracked or mixed mobility
wheeled
and if tanks mount HVC. Provisional Brigades have 1 tank and four
infantry
battlions and replace the Heavy Art with Medium Arty

	Quality.
	1-2 Green, 3-6 Regular, 7- Veteran. Knights add +1, Provisional
add -2 to
rolls.

	Well how's that for ideas. Let me know when you get it on your
page. How
are you finding "Tactika"?

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!