Prev: RE: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:32:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

At 07:53 AM 9/4/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Kenneth Winland wrote:
>
>>	   Now the hard part; What scheme to paint them in?  Part of the
>> decision is made for you (i.e. their helmets)... :)
>
>	I thought about giving my troops blue helmets.	Then I thought
about
>just how much of a BAD idea it is to paint what amounts to a big blue
>"shoot me" sign on someone's noggin.  As much as I politically
>disapprove of them in general, even I don't think the UN is THAT
>stupid.  So I just went with with a basic brown motif, with red visor
>slit (for that "Terminator" look) and black weapons with a silver
>dry-brusing.  (I've just finish painting my first squad last night.)
>Flock with "grass" and gravel (or in my case, kitty litter--clean, of
>course), then liberally clear coat.

I painted mine white, inked 'em with grey ink, and then drybrushed them
white again.  Their helmets are, of course, baby blue.	Their APC is
also
white, with a blue turret.  It has the desired effect--people look at
them,
and ask me if they are supposed to be UN troops....  After painting my
umpteenth figure in cammo, I was looking for an excuse to paint
something
different.  Cammo is nice, but it takes forever to paint if you want it
look good.  Especially when you are painting a group of thirty or forty
figures.  Although, art sponges can make it a LOT easier.  That's how I
finished all of my Kryomek bunkers.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: RE: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!