Prev: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

RE: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 11:31:05 -0400
Subject: RE: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

At 07:11 PM 9/3/98 -0400, you wrote:

>At 01:13 PM 9/3/98 -0700, you wrote:
>>Good for you!! I'm up to 12 platoons (human-GZG, Grenadier, Leading
>>Edge) 4 platoons (Kryomek) and 4 platoons (Machine-Ral Partha and
Global
>>Games)
>
>While we're on the topic of 25mm forces....
>
>Continuing in my FT tradition of trying to field forces that are out of
>print or just hard to come by (GW Space Fleet, Grenadier Space
Squadrons,
>Star Frontiers...), I picked up some "Spacelords/Metal Magic" figs a
while
>back.	I've now got all the Yoyodyne Elite figs I want (close assault,
>figure -- they've got power swords or something) but only have a couple
>"Yoyodyne Shigaru" figs, which look a lot more like your average
grunts.
>Anyone know of a place I can grab more of these figures?
>
>(Actually, since I picked up the ESWAT commando team from GZG, I'll
>probably also buy whatever other figures with caps on 'em I can get my
>hands on -- IIRC, the FSE has a few, maybe some NSL Jagers, PAU,
OUDF...
>anyway.  Just rambling.  Guess this breaks my record, though....)
>
>>I now have 8 Vehicles ranging from size 1-4 (GZG, Kryomek, Grendel)
>>5 Bunkers (Kryomek)
>
>Wow.  I'm thinking of picking up some of the resin vehicles from
Geo-Hex;
>probably the Phalanx APC (looks neat) and the Luki-IX... er, Rommel
>hovertank. ^_^
>
>Later,
>					Aaron

I just did the same--I grabbed a bunch of the Yoyodyne elites, since
they
were all that my store had left.  For the record, there were three kinds
of
troops:

Elite, armed with powerswords or naginata,

Humbs, big brutish looking fellas armed with gatling guns, big cannons,
or
some sort of gauntlet--it's hard to tell from the latter figures exactly
what they are supposed to be using as weapons.

And Shigaru, regular troops armed with a variety of weapons.

I intend to use the Elites and Humbs as a Shock Force army...some
Japanese
corporation.  I also picked up a bunch of Metal Magic Sardukyn (sp?) and
Cybertech  heavys.  Both are very nice PA troops.

However, the problem with the Metal Magic figures, especially now, when
they are only obtainable on a limited basis, is that there is such a
variety in weapons that is is very difficult to obtain a force that is
armed consistently.  Most of the lines have at least 4 or 5 basic
weapons,
in addition to the heavy weapons.  My Sardukyn are armed with "Maulers",
which have two barrels, side by side.  I have not yet decided whether I
am
going to treat it as a GL or a laser targeting system.

'course, I have to paint them, first.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!