Prev: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Stephen <SRKOAL@AOL> Vehicle Designer URL location? Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities

Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 22:50:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Murray Baines Tank Destroyers.

You wrote:

>    I prefer twin GMS/H in a turret in a size 2 wheeled high mobility
>vehicle. Cheaper and more effective.

This is good design usually.  Last night I was sorely dissappointed by
my Tank Destroyer platoon, but that has to do with some incredibly bad
dice rolling and having no less than three of them (out of five tank
destroyers) pull a firer systems down chit.  Argh!  Otherwise I use the
size 2 w/ 2 GMS/H (Sup) in grav, tracked, and wheeled varients.

>    My friend has found that HELs and DFFGs, in various combinations,
go >very well together with GRAV mobility and ablative armour.

I find that DFFGs are too short-ranged to use as my main weapon.  One
platoon out of each tank company carried DFFGs.  HELs have no punch
whatsoever.  There is no God but the MDC and I am It's Prophet.

John

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 SG2: Stephen <SRKOAL@AOL> Vehicle Designer URL location? Next: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities