Prev: [DS2]GEVs and TDs Next: Re: Tank Destroyers (was: GE Mechanics)

Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 19:03:09 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [DS2] GEV mechanics

You wrote:

>wheeled vehicles.  The US Army just released its "Army After Next"
study which >makes no mention whatsoever of hovercraft as combat
vehicles.

It doesn't mention DFFGs either, but I don't think we should limit
ourselves to what the US Army feels it can afford in today's tight
budget climate with modern science.

>and Hills as Difficult.  No terrain is perfectly flat, and if you have
a >hovercraft zooming along at movement allowance of 30 (which is
equivalent to a >couple of hundred miles per hour), guess what happens

Assuming you're using the official scales, a movement of 30 indicate
3km per 15-minute turn.  12km an hour isn't THAT excessive!

John M. Atkinson

Prev: [DS2]GEVs and TDs Next: Re: Tank Destroyers (was: GE Mechanics)