Prev: [OT] Real-life GEVs Next: B5 Wars

[DS2] GEV mechanics

From: Paul Lesack <lesack@u...>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 09:25:08 -0700
Subject: [DS2] GEV mechanics

There is one thing about GEVs that has always bothered me. DSII allows
GEVs (except fixed mount) to move then shoot. Hammer's Slammers'
hovertanks had no problem firing when moving.

Being suspended on a cushion of air, gun stabilisation should not be too
much of a problem. The main thing is recoil from the main gun. It seems
to me that a hovertank would experience severe effects from firing a
hypervelocity round. (Think air hockey).I suppose using directional fans
could compensate somewhat, but I don't think they could be that
effective.

Then again, I've never been in a tank, let alone seen one firing its
main gun, so I could be completely wrong.

I'm considering making a house rule that GEVs must fire before moving,
but this would put them at a serious disadvantage.

Does anyone have any (even purely speculative) information on this? Am I
the only one who has a problem with this?

Thanks for your comments,

Paul Lesack

If I wanted complete suspension of disbelief, I could play Warhammer.

Prev: [OT] Real-life GEVs Next: B5 Wars