Prev: RE: SG Humor Next: Re: SG Humor

[OT] SG Humor & Literary stuff

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:26:46 -0500
Subject: [OT] SG Humor & Literary stuff

Allan writes:

>>XXX Of course I read Hemingway.  All of my ESU Volunteer Brigades are
quite
>>angst-ridden, and we have bull-runs occasionally.  They rarely make it

past
>>the first APSW.  40k players read? :) XXX

>I preferred F. Scott Fitzgerald, myself. All my NSL troops are destined

for a
>tragic demise, but with lots of neat imagery in the terrain...

Germanic types destined for a tragic demise?  Strains of Wagner rise
softly
in the background...
Fitzgerald never did much for me - I couldn't make myself care about the

characters (please, kill yourselves, get it over with!).  But what they
did
do, it was in really well described places.

Some days, my die rolling and morale results make me think my troops are
in
a Twain farce.	But mostly I accept it with traditional Russian
stoicism.
 Maybe it's War & Peace, instead.

Noah

Prev: RE: SG Humor Next: Re: SG Humor