Prev: Re: SG Humor Next: [OT] SG Humor & Literary stuff

RE: SG Humor

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 00:14:00 -0500
Subject: RE: SG Humor

John writes:

> You wrote:

> >XXX Naw, we're all sitting around coming up with new and ingenious
> uses for >Frenchmen, and the occasional house rule :) XXX

  > Dammit, the rules for mineclearing with penal batallions aren't done
 > yet!  And I won't release them until I'm satisfied with 'em!  Now
leave
  > the Frenchmen alone, I need them to playtest with!

> Is it really parody if you're parodying yourself?

In this case, yes.

  >Marines any day!  Why? Well, for one, we've got realistic background,
> >substance, and a coherent reason for existing!  How about that?XXX

> And tacnukes.  Those are nice.

Oh, yeah, those.  Actually, I was thinking of pitting them in a more
literary, existential conflict.  Granted, 40k Space Marines may have
everybody beat in fatalism & ceremony, but Heinlein's cap troopers are
the
one's I'd want to drink with.  I mean, how many times can you hear
stories
about last stands, cleansings & whatnot.  And from guys who wear
bell-bottom PA?

> >XXX Of course I read Hemingway.  All of my ESU Volunteer Brigades are
> quite >angst-ridden, and we have bull-runs occasionally.  They rarely
> make it past >the first APSW.  40k players read? :) XXX

> Angst?  Angst?  Most of my troops are too busy shooting something to
 > look it up.
> John M. Atkinson

Well, the VBs (above-mentioned Volunteer Brigades) have a lot of
ship-time
to read, while being transported from one mine-clearing operation to
another.

Seriously, though, I would hope that most SG players would get a good
dose
of Kipling, as well.

Noah

Prev: Re: SG Humor Next: [OT] SG Humor & Literary stuff