Prev: RE: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: [S-ABSPFB] boarding actions

Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:10:35 -0900
Subject: Re: Damage Control Parties and Core Systems (was Re: Full Thrust FAQ)

>>What about the Engines. Since they get damaged in stages can you
>>repair completely dead engines in one round?
>
>I'd say if you want to assign two DCPs to the repair effort and they
both
roll
>6s then you can get the drives back online at full strength, sure.

I agree, though I like the idea that Schoon brought out (borrowed from
EFSB) to effectively split the engine into a number of units of Thrust
2.
So failing a threshold doesn't automatically halve your drive, but
halves
that unit.  Similarly, DCP's fixing your drive will give you back a
smaller
portion of your total thrust as only the one unit is repaired - both the
loss and recovery of engines is done in finer stages.

- Did that make any sense at all? (I'm operating on little sleep here)

Jared

Prev: RE: Gauss Weapons Next: Re: [S-ABSPFB] boarding actions