Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: Infantry Walkers

[OT] Re: Infantry Walkers

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:50:46 -0500
Subject: [OT] Re: Infantry Walkers

Jerry spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> > Typical matchmetician. What's the phrase? 'This would be considered
an
> > undergraduate problem'.
>
> Actually, the one I heard most often was "It's trivial...", to which I

> usually retorted with a shotgun filled with rock salt.  (8-)

I believe, where I went to school, the phrase was "the proof of this
is left as an excercise for the student...." (to which one of my more
sarcastic friends once wrote on an exam "the rest of the proof of
this theorem is left as an excercise for the professor. It's
intuitively obvious.").

Prev: RE: Infantry Walkers Next: RE: Infantry Walkers