Prev: Re: The World of 2185 Next: Re: Printed works of future combat

Re: Other Forces

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 13:02:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Other Forces

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Friends, (This is a statement of fact, an option, or wishful
> thinking,
>	   at your pleasure.)

Hey, we're all friends here. (As long as we have thick skins some
days....)

1) Where to start?

Get a list made, post the info, get people to join it who are
interested.

 2) How broad will the scope be?

I'd suggest anything relating to the background of FT
- politics
- economics
- history
- the who is who in the universe
- the technologies
- campaign rules

 3) How specific will the 'new' future history be?

I'd think we'll create a 'baseline' timeline and then flesh in
things we see fit to flesh in. Maybe we'll ask for some official
clarification here and there, or maybe we'll just make stuff up.
Maybe we'll mark the 'official facts' as such and our own insertions
as such so the result is more useful to others.

> 4) What is the objective?

To reduce list traffic for those who only wish to discuss tactics,
ship designs, etc.

To promote the discussion of what shape our future universe takes.

To put like minded people (in terms of what is worth discussing) on a
list where we won't get a lot of complaints about us being 'way off
into background issues' from those who aren't interested

That's my idea!

Tom.

Prev: Re: The World of 2185 Next: Re: Printed works of future combat