Prev: Re: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Other Forces

Re: The World of 2185

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:54:22 -0500
Subject: Re: The World of 2185

Tony spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> for all nations, territory on Earth would have major
> political/kudos value.

And there is the old 'no place like home' theory. Earth will probably
always occupy some nich in religion, politics, economics, and culture
due to its size, economic power, ancient age, significance to
religion and culture, and due to our basic need to recognize
someplace as 'home' for mankind. Now I'm sure as each generation of
colonists goes by, the colonies will feel less ties and
responsibility to Earth, but emigres from Earth will still feel the
ties, and Earth's pop has to be such that even all the colonies
combined probably can't touch it. So for the next while, even from
2185, the place of Earth in popular culture, politics, and economics
will be quite apparent to all.

Tom.

Prev: Re: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Other Forces