Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)

Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 09:33:51 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

You wrote:

>I don't think that John (over)does that -- I am concerned what he
tells to >the player he might meet some day who wants to do that. How
does he >explain that one is allowed to pre-calculate N ships M turns
in advance >but not N+1 ships or M+1 turns in advance? Does he even
have set limits >for M and N?

I reach across the table, smack him soundly, and institute a 1 minute
plot clock.  If a turn is 15 seconds, he shouldn't have much more than
snap decision-making time anyway.  I'll then spend 15 seconds plotting
two or three ships as they would be if unchanged, and plot my entire
fleet based on that in the next 15.  I'm big on remaining in
formation--but then again, a lot of my opponents use a lot of fighters,
so if I don't keep the escorts doing the same thing my capitals are,
I'm doomed.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article)