Prev: FT High Speed (was GenCon Review) Next: Jump missiles

Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 19:52:29 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

You wrote:

>It helps if you mark A) next position without acceleration; then B)
next >position with max acceleration (bearing in mind thrust can be in
any >direction).

Actually, that would take a couple dozen die per ship.	And that gets a
little silly.  I can do this in my head--if my opponent can't, too bad.

>BTW it looks like you can have a max thrust of 11 under vector rules.
>"How?" you ask.  Thrust 8, burn 1 of your extra 4 maneuver points to
rotate >90 degrees, then push port (or starboard) with the remaining 3
maneuver >points.  Or execute the same steps in reverse order.	It's
not logical (the >8 Thrust should occupy the entire length of the turn,
so you don't have >extra time to push in the same direction) but it is,
insofar as I can tell >and until the amendment I feel sure Jon will add
about 30 seconds after >reading this, legal.

Actually, I caught onto the flip-turn the second time I played with
vector.  It's a neat trick.  IMHO, doesn't require a rule because it
can't happen more than once per pass.  Only useful when changing
directions 180 degrees.

John

Prev: FT High Speed (was GenCon Review) Next: Jump missiles